DDP – The world is running out of fossil fuels. Your task is to design a ‘gizmo’ which uses a renwable source of energy. This gizmo will be used in the home, for transportation or to generate electricity. You will then share your design with your peers.
You must find a Pen Pal in 7C and correspond with them explaining your Gizmo in the form of an informal letter.
The Tortured Teacher
He rubs his weary eyes as he steps through the door,
and scoops up some rubbish carelessly dropped on the floor.
Makes his way to the bin sipping the coffee he made,
and thinks to himself “hmmm I bet that was Blade”.
He preps for his lessons and writes the morning maths up,
then sips the last drops from his empty coffee cup.
He looks at the clock and shudders with fear,
“ahhhh less than 30 minutes till the monsters are here”.
Rushing around madly like a chook with no head,
all the time wishing he was still home in bed.
The big hand clicks and moves to half past,
and the dreaded bell sounds “oh no their coming… and fast!”
A distant rumble begins to echo up the stairs,
like a thousand elephants banging drums in pairs.
Louder and louder it gets till he finally sights his class,
suddenly squashed up against the door like leeches stuck to glass.
So he approaches the door and tentatively opens it with one hand,
and in they all flood talking too fast to understand.
With Josh, Chris and Jesse chattering like chimps,
while Jean-marc is so quiet he barely catches a glimpse,
because he’s distracted by Jenn, Dayle and BJ,
and a high five from Jordan who just won’t go away.
Shane, Ben and Cooky have all the NRL goss,
while Eboney, Mitchel and Lachy chat about all the homework they lost.
Emily and Amber giggle without pause or rest,
while Nadia, Meegan and Catherine study furiously for the test.
Corey regales him with yet another mad scheme,
while Kristen and Jennifer complain about him being mean.
Jack sits there busy writing speeches flat tack,
because he knows if he doesn’t he will have Tamara on his back.
Madison and Jaime skip in without any inkling or warning,
and he mixes up their names as he wishes them good morning.
With all these monsters he may think he’s in hell,
but what is worse still, they’ve brought 7c as well!
He looks over 7C beside his 7A curse,
and thinks to himself “ahhh guess it could be worse”.
By Mr Edwards
Wednesday 6 June 2009
As you can see I am away today, so this is what I want you to do.
1. Finish all the tasks on the trip planning mini task you were given.
2. Research the country you are going to. Find out about it's climate, temperatures, language, food, history, famous landmarks etc. So you know exactly what to pack and expect.
3. If you have behaved yoursleves and the teacher is impressed you may have 15min free time at the end of the session
See you all tomorrow :)
1. Search the internet and find as many planets as you can that have been discovered "outside" our galaxy. List the names in a word document.
2. Choose one of the planets and find out as much as you can about it. eg.
3. Freetime - check out the science page I have put up a link to the results from the CERN experiment yesterday.
Today we are in the computer lab over lunch. Your tasks are as follows.
1. Choose a planet in our galaxy and research it. Look for information about;
2. Design a life form to live on this planet. What features would it need to combat the extremes of where it lives.
3. Write a story about your alien coming to earth. Is it there to experiment, invade, eat people, learn to skateboard, meet Darren Lochyer.... i don't care it can be here for any reason. Is it freindly, is it scarec of people or is set on massacuing earth's entire population?
How would people describe it when they saw it, what problems would it have surviving on earth, and most importantly of all what happens????
4. Free time, explore the space interactives, find me new ones, discover some fact that nobody knows and make yourself look like a genius.
This is the writer’s full address. Business letters usually have preprinted, letterhead stationary which contains this information. An address heading is optional for informal letters.