1. Start Word
2. Open the document 'stud_info'.
3. In the title, insert the word new between for and students.
4. Correct the spelling of Hartley in the first sentence of the first paragraph, and through at the end of the third sentence.
5. Insert the word be between will and happy in the last sebtence of the first paragraph.
6. Correct the spelling of pass in the sixth sentence of the second paragraph.
7. Delete the repetition of a in the final sentence of the second paragraph.
9. Delete the words until you are used to the buildings at the end of the second paragraph.
10. Insert the word told between and and key in the second sentence of the third paragraph.
11. Correct the spelling of procedure in the third sentence of the third paragraph.
12. Save your document in your work folder with a suitable name.
Consolidation Exercise - 2
1. Start Word and open a new blank document.
2. Enter the following text with an unjustifies right margin and a justified left margin.
Seat Belt Regulations
It has been a legal requirement to wear a seat belt in the front seat of the car since 1983. It became law for children under 14 to be restained in the rear seats of cars in 1989. and for adults to wear seat belts when fitted.
Legal requirements today.
Use seat belts if they are available.
Use an appropriate restraint (a suitable baby seat or child's car seat) to carry children under three years of age in the front.
If a child restraint is not fitted in the rear then a child under three years of age must use the restraint fitted in the front.
If a seat belt or child restraint is not available in the rear then children between three ans 11 must use the front seat resraint.
Vehicle Seats Affected
Front seats of all vehicles.
Rear seats of cars and small minibusses.
Restraints should be used if available, but more passengers than there are seat belts can be carried.
In an accident heavy passengers are more likely to injure others if they are not wearing a seat belt. It is safer for a child under three to sit in the back seat wearing an adult seat belt rather than wear no restraint at all.
Guidelines approved: AJH
3. Check your work, make any corrections you need to make and save your document with the filename 'seatbelt' in you work folder.
4. Centre the title Seat Belt Regulations and make this text bold.
5. Format the hading so that it is larger than the rest of the text.
6. Change the subheadings Legal requirement today and Vehicle seats affected to bold text.
7. Set the final line, Guidelines approves: AJH, as italic text. Change only this line to a different font.
8. Move the paragraph In an accident ... so that it appears after the introductory paragraph, it has been ...
9.Delete the paragraph Restraints should be used if available, but more passengers than there are seat belts can be carried.
10. Using Word's Find and Replace facility, make the following changes:
- change all references to child to child or infant.
- change references to car to passenger vehicle except where the context makes this change unsuitable.
11. Save ypur document in your work folder with a suitable name.
12. Close the document and close down Word.
13, When you have completed this exercise, check your work using the model answer.
Consolidation Exercise - 3.
1. Start Word and open a new document.
2. Set the left and right page margins to 2.25cm.
3. Set the alignment of the text so that both the left and right margins are justified.
4. Set the font to Arial 12.
5. Type in the following text.
Starlight School of Performing Arts
The Starlight School of Performing Arts was founded in 1991 and has become one of the most reputable centres in the country for those aspiring to achieve success in the field of expressive arts. Housed in a fine old country mansion, it provides an inspirational setting in which budding superstars can learn their craft and practise their performance. The atmosphere is both exciting and challenging.
A wide range of courses, both full-time and part-time, can be followed at the school.Ballet, tap, musical theatre and street jazz are just some of the styles that can be studied alongside more unusual styles such as ceroc and flamenco.All methods of singing style are studied, e.g. opera, jazz, stage.
For those more interested in the technical side, there is a theatre studies course, which covers all aspect of stage management, including sound and lighting, props and special effects, and front-of-house management.
If you would like further information about the school and the exciting opportunities we offer, please contact us on 12345 678901.
6. Embolden the heading and change the font size to 14,
7. Replace the word founded in the first paragraph with the word established.
8. Save your fille with the name 'starlight' and print one copy. Check your work using the model answer if you want to.
Now make the following changes to the 'starlight' document.
9. Change the left and right margin settings to 3 cm.
10. Delete the final sentence of the first paragraph.
11. Insert a paragraph break and one clear line space in the second paragraph after the word flamenco.
12. Insert the following text as a new paragraph before the last paragraph.
Many of our students go on to professional careers in th field of expressive arts although they are always sad to leave the school.
13. Embolden the paragraph of text you have just entered.
14. Using Word's Find and Replace facility, change all instances of the word school to academy.
15. Move the second to last paragraph, Many of our students ..., so that it becomes the second paragraph of the document.
16. Set the last paragraph of text in double-line spacing.
17. Change the alignment ot the text so that it has a justified left margin and an unjustified right margin.
18. Centre the heading.
19. Use Save As to save the document with a new filename and print one copy.
20. Close the document and close down Word.
21. When you have completed the exercise, check your work using the model answer.