MATH - This week we will be doing conversions in measurement (standard and metric), elapsed time, and temperature. Students will continue to work on their math villages.
READING/LANGUAGE ARTS - Working on TAKS strategies, poetry and their version of When I was YOung In The Mountains.
SCIENCE/SOCIAL STUDIES - Experiments/Models of weathering, erosion, earthquakes, volcanoes and layers of the earth.
Tuesday, March 3, students will be taking the reading portion of the TAKS Test. We are so proud of them and know they will try their best. Some helpful hint for this time are:
1. Please make sure your child goes to bed early and gets a good nights rest.
2. Have your child eat a healthy breakfast on Tuesday morning. Try to avoid sugary cereals, syrups, sodas, and donuts. These cause student to crash.
3. Send a healthy snack (EX: pretzels, fruit, nuts, popcorn, etc) and a bottle of water.
4. Pillows are allowed for back support.
5. Please send several #2 pencils with good erasers.
6. Please let your child know they can reach their goals.
UIL COMPETITION will be held on Saturday, March 7th. More info will follow.
SPRING BREAK will begin on Saturday, March 14 - Sunday, March 22. We hope you have a great break.