Rich sticky notes
The director's banquet will be on April 1, 2006 at the Marysville Knights of Columbus.
Rich sticky notes
This page shows completed items.
Meeting Minutes 2006-01-19 Preview
Minutes: Thursday, January 19, 2006Meeting started at 7:15 PM in Carla Wolfe's classroom.Attending were Melissa Baker, Carol Hood, Alex Shultz, David Wiggins, and Carla Wolfe.
Meeting adjourned at 8:40 PM.
- David read the minutes from the previous meeting. The Board accepted the minutes.
- David will pay the piano tuner for the work done on the piano at the Waterville Opera House for Blaise Pascal's performance. The Waterville Summer Theater group has paid us $45 for half of the bill. The Board agreed that the MCCB should make sure and try to hire Greg Marples for this in the future.
- David reported that the arts calendar went out to the mail and should have been received by almost everyone by now.
- David presented the formatting for the names of the sponsors on the Deanna Swoboda poster. The Board agreed it was be acceptable for future use.
- David suggested that it would be nice to have the group from the Haskell Indian Reservation perform in Marshall County. He also suggested that it would be nice to have the KSU Singers.
- David reported that with the new organization plan for the MCAC, MCCB, and Artists Series the MCAC will limit itself to providing marketing and promotion as well as networking. It will provide these services for arts organizations in Marshall County. The arts groups will be responsible for finding performers and organizing performances. The MCAC currently has enough funding to provide design and printing services for promotional material but cannot afford mailings yet.
- Carla reported that Lona Dittmar had contacted John Uthoff at KSU about having a theater group come do something in the schools in Marshall County. John had not responded to her request and the Board decided that it was no longer something that the group should pursue.
- David reported that the Director's Banquet fund raiser is scheduled for Saturday, April 1, 2006 and will take place at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Marysville. The meal will start at 6 PM. The dress will be formal. The invitations will be hand-addressed and hand-delivered. An RSVP card will be included. The Board revised the text of the invitation. The invitations will be finished and ready for delivery by next week. The keynote speaker will be Dr. JanaFallin . The entertainment for the banquet will be provided by arts groups in Marshall County as well as groups from schools within the county.
- The Board decided to ask Lona to check with Ricki's in Hanover to do the catering. The meal should be a top-quality plated meal. The MCAC will provide the servers for the meal.
- David will be meeting with Jeff Jacques soon to do the vocal work for the MCAC promotional DVD.
- David reported that the PA system for the MHS auditorium has been ordered. The contractor has been working on finalizing the equipment placement locations.
- David reported that Blue Valley Telephone has been working with him to get software for video editing and allowing him to use their equipment. BVT has donated $420 for an Adobe Premiere software package that David has purchased.
- David will go to schools in the area that BVT serves with cable television and instruct the students on using the software and cameras to produce programming for the BVT cable access channel. BVT will provide blocks of custom programming on the BVT cable access channel for each of the schools and their video productions.
- David is working on a proposal to work further with BVT to get a 2:1 matching grant for a total of $3,750 for video production equipment and software.
- David reported that he will be attending a non-profit grant-writing seminar in Parsons, KS on Thursday, January 26, 2006. He will also attend a Kansas Arts Commission grant-writing session on Friday, February 3, 2006.
- Carol asked if the Sweet Adeline's group from Wamego could come participate in arts events in Marshall County and if the MCAC would be able to provide any help with marketing for those events. David reported that he would be willing to help the SA group apply for grants similar to thse for which he will be helping the Marshall County groups apply.
- David gathered name and mailing address information from board members for use with the 501(c)(3) application.
- David reviewed the Articles, By-Laws, and Conflict of Interest information for the 501(c)(3) application.
- David reported that H&R Block will provide the financial bookwork for the MCAC, MCCB, M-ACT, and Artists Series groups at a rate of $30/hour. H&R Block estimates that there will be about two hours of bookwork each month.
- Carla asked David to find information that the US Government has about the M-ACT group regarding their 501(c)(3) status. David will request the information when he submitted the grants for the Kansas Arts Commission.
- David reported that he plans to apply for the following grants for the MCAC through the State of Kansas: Arts Project Support, Grassroots, and Technical Assistance. The MCAC, MCCB, M-ACT, and Artists Series groups will be able to hire David to write the grants in the future.
- Melissa reported that she donated one MCCB CD each to the Valley Heights High School and Marysville High School music programs.
- The board adopted the Articles and By-Laws.