Robert Crittenden 1797-1834
- The first secretary and acting governor of Arkansas.
- He moved the capitol from Arkansas Post to Little Rock.
- He was born in Woodruff County.
- He challenged Henry Conway to a duel and injured him with the first shot. Henry Conway then died several weeks later.
- Became a lawyer and died defending a case.
John Pope 1770-1845
- He became governor of Arkansas in 1829.
- Served as U.S. senator from 1798 to 1842.
- Part of the Whig party.
- Born in Kentucky.
- Had one of his arms amputated.